A friendly, welcoming parish serving the people of Aintree
Welcome to the Holy Rosary Roman Catholic Church
We minister to 4,000 catholics
and serve the needs of the people of Aintree village.
The Roman Catholic community in the village have traditionally been known by the title ‘Old Roan’, the area name taken from the nearby pub and railway station. The main entrance of the church fronts onto Altway and our concrete tripod bell tower forms a prominent local landmark. We are one of 236 missions within the present Archdiocese of Liverpool, founded in August 1947.